Hey everyone,
It is finally Saturday and this week just flew right by! I’ve got a lot of reading to do this weekend but these last 4 weeks should be a little lighter than before. This past week we started the last 5 weeks of training. We just finished a week of policies and procedures for CEF which, I had trouble relating to, but God definitely allowed me to pick up some valuable information for future ministry. We also went over some mission’s stuff which just amazed me and really gave me a new perspective on how many children are in different regions and it’s just amazing! So many countries are open to the Gospel and we don’t even know it!
Next week we are going to be learning about support raising and once again it will be with CEF, but I think I will be able to gain a lot of good information and training if I go in with the right attitude! Please pray that I can keep looking for good information that can apply to my future ministry outside of this organization and that I don’t become discouraged!
I also want to wish you all a Happy Easter! I am just having a restful weekend here, and tomorrow we are going to a couple’s house to have Easter dinner! A group of us young adults have been going to this couple’s home every Sunday evening….they work at headquarters and their kids are all grown so they invite us in and give us a place to go off campus since we are away from our own families! They are such an encouragement to us!!!
Before that I will go to a church that some of us girls and I have been attending and we just love it! The minute we stepped foot in this church, they welcomed us, talked to us, REMEMBERED OUR NAMES, and gave us a visitor’s gift. The next week they still remembered our names and just really made us feel welcome! It’s a church plant and still somewhat small but they are doing big things! It was refreshing to see a church work like they do, and they truly have the gift of HOSPITALITY which most churches do not have unfortunately. I’ve realized for future reference what a huge priority this must be in a church. People need to be a part of a family and community and they want to be accepted…don’t you? There are many organizations, occults, and the like, that do a much better job at making people feel loved and welcomed than churches do today! What is wrong with this picture? We learned in one of my classes that for every one Mormon that turns to Christianity, 7 to 10 Christians turn to Mormonism! Why, because they know how to make people feel welcome and part of their group. I would love to see Christians, including myself, step out of our comfort zones to make others feel welcome and apart of the body of Christ! They need Christ just as much as we do!!!!
1 comment:
We'll be praying for you...what if you do end up with CEF??? Call me again, hopefully we can talk:)
Post a Comment